Monday, October 10, 2005

Homicide Bomber

Hey guys how are you!

Yes, my post says homicide bomber...

This is a post that i would like everyone if they have children(teens) or people that are unappreciative to read this(even if you have to read it out loud to them). Well Let me rewind a little bit. I talked to my parents this morning, and i talked to Holli for like an hour while doing paperwork, and we kinda just talked about random stuff, and just to let you women bloggers know... i think that it is pretty messed up that you all are gonna meet for a concert, but noone wants to fly to iraq to see me :D Anyway..sorry for the bas joke, but after thati kinda just laounged around and laughed at the CAB(crazy asian boys-thats what they call themselves) who smacked the hell out of each other for pure pleasure and pain, and then we are notified that we need to fly out. Yep! Another mission... i knew that this one was gonna be intresting because..well.. i dont know how i know but i did! So as we are loading up, we are getting brieged and i figure out that we are gonna have a army ranger interpreter with us for a little bit. No biggie to me, but i hate it when new people come along because i trust my life within my crews hands, but not this young 19 year old kid! Anyhow, we roll out and we are all gonna get dropped off at a near by loc and we must travel to some wounded iraqis apparently caught in a roadside bomb. Im like great..im on the ground with unexploded ordiance everywhere. Well we fly up and today three doors down(one of my fav groups) is playing "away from the sun". So we fly and the 19yr army kid is baffled. Im sure he has heard so many stories about how air force ppl are sorry, and now he is about to risk his life! I slap him on the back and tell him that if he is blown up, he wont even feel a thing. Was that wrong? Apparently so. He is the first guy that pisses his pants on a helo that i have ever met. Literally. SO here we are in Iraq with a pissy ass interpertor who is gonna be on the ground with me. Have any of you guys smelled fresh fear piss? Yes i said fear piss. There is a difference between piss and fear piss! I wont go into that, because some of you guys have weak stomachs.. Anyhoo i laugh at this guy right in his face because he is scared and pissy, and CaP lets him know that he will be ok and that even though im crying laughing overe here that im the good guy, and iwont let anything happen to him. I think at this point he thought for once that he was on a death mission. LOL. In its own sick twisted fucked up kinda way, this was funny! SO we are about 1.5 miles away from are drop loc, and i can see the fear within his eyes. I assure him that today, he will come back within one piece. Then he asks me about tomorrow, and i told him to worry about tomorrow when it gets here. So we are 500 yards away from being dropped off in bfei(bum fuck egypt iraq) and we fast rope it down to the ground. Whew.. we all make it safe. Now we have to haul it to the wounded with night vision goggles on and alot of medical supplies and guns. Now i am no big guy! I am a lil skinny guy with alot of heart and will to make it out alive, and im proud of that, but a freakin heavy ass gun in iraq is crazy. So we make it on the ground..all in one piece and the helo flies away. When the helo flies away, you know that you are really alone in iraq. Hell i couldnt even hear a iraqi crickett rub its legs together...So we make it fast, but slow....cautious but stealth-like to the site of the wreckage in a remote part of iraq. Here i see a car thats blow to smitherines and the PJ and I look inside, and everyone is dead. A teenage kid(i presume by the bone structure) two adults and a infant. They are burnt beyond recognition. They are charred and stuck to the metal wires within there car. So i tell the 19 yo to come over here and look to see if any secondary devices are around. This was the first time that he had clearly seen death, and it was taking an effect on him. The smell of burning flesh is a distincnt smell that you will never foget. So i told him that there were no EOD(explosive Ordinace disposal) guys coming and if he set off a bomb, once again he wouldnt feel it if he triggered it. So he eased over and i made..forced him to touch a charred corpse. Now this wasnt cruel punishment..but a way to save our lives. SO he did..he threw up and continued. After we secured the car, we made it to the area around the car and here is the culprit. The hommicide bomber, and he is in rare form. He is half blown off with his guts hanging out and blood and his liver is severly damaged. He is shaking and shivering and bleeding from the mouth. HE is saying something in arabic and i cant understand what he is saying. SO i turn to the 19 y.o. and he throws up again. Then he starts to cry and lose it, and i grab him and tell him to FUCKING GET IT TOGETHER! He continues to cry, and i told him that if he didnt stop this shit that i would shoot him my fucking self... Well that just scared his pissy ass, and he told me what the Homicide Bomber said... Can you get this...the bomber was in so much pain that he wanted us to shoot him. I told the 19yo to tell him that we dont do that, and i told him to read the geneva convetions card back to the ass fuck who blew himself up and he did. To make this story short, the bomber bled to death and screamed until i had to put a mouthful of wet moisties in his mouth so that he wouldnt give away our position in the darkness... We got lifted back up and headed back "home". We made it back all safe and sound, and here i am posting...

P.S. The 19 year old thanked me afterward. He has been in the Shower for well over an hour. I knw he is trying to scubb himself clean, but it wont happen i dont care how long you stay in there!

For all of you teens and unappreciative people... you should stop and think that life could be gone in a minute! Dont argue with your parents, and dont be ungrateful...be thankful for what you have. You could be the family who was in that car. They were innocent, and they died a violent horrible death. They were burned alive! Please live life to the fullest...

see ya

17 Comments:

Blogger Mama said...

I am so thankful to have men like you fighting to keep us safe. That 19 y/o will never forget you and he is so fortunate to have been sent to you even tho I know you could have done w/out the whole thing. You were sent over there to have such a profound effect on many people in Iraq and here. And I know there are people put in your path (like JC and others) to teach you what you need also. But I am truly sorry that you have to deal with these and more horrible things...plz plz plz know we are praying for your safety!

hugs!~M

6:45 AM  
Blogger Mama said...

I forgot to mention...I think you know my kids are homeschooled. But we do things really different b/c we don't do school books at home, each kid decides what they want to study and then we just go on about it. Finding you and talking to Britt about you and Iraq and life has really been such a life lesson in history, geography, government, character, current events, other countries customs etc. She knows a zillion more than her friends about all of this and I want to thank you for helping to teach her. I came in the livingroom earlier today and she was watching something about the new constitution and she was telling me stuff I missed. You have made this very real.

hugs!~m

8:13 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

Oh my lord, this made me cry. What an account of what a day in your life is like. I'm sad. Sad for you that you have to face this everyday, sad that you're the person that has to show people how to save their lives in such a f-ed way.

Thank you for sharing this with me, with us, with everyone that reads here. In NO way are we learning what life is like over there. We don't get any news like this and without you, I'd only imagine what it's like over there and this is not what I was imagining.

Off to ponder. Please be safe, your in my thoughts.

2:22 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Oh my Dear LORD. I just don't know how you do it.. there is no way I could do that. That was an extremely scary description of something just.. horrible.

I can't imagine actually being a part of this kind of madness on a daily basis. I'm thankful that you all do it to keep us safe. Most people don't know what is going on over there.. at least not to this extent.

As always, be safe.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Mama C-ta said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog but more importantly thank you for risking your life daily for others. This was a great post and shows how amazing and brave of a person you are. That pissy/barfy 19 y/o was lucky to have you by his side. I'm glad I know about your site now so I can keep up on the real deal. The news could never capture this emotion.

Stay safe, thoughts and prayers are w/you. xoxo

6:10 PM  
Blogger Mama C-ta said...

By the way, after you commented on my site a friend of mine left you a note in my comments. Wasn't sure if you'd see it:

afguy ~ I just tried to leave a comment on your blog but couldn't because you don't accept anonymous comments nor would Blogger accept my username of Chaotic Harmony.

You should change your settings so that people who choose not to use Blogger can comment on your blog :)

6:12 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, I appreciate it.

Stay safe!

7:09 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

but don't let us know if you have to shoot any Nate Nate dogs!!

11:35 PM  
Blogger ME said...

suz-Sorry to bring tears to your eyes twice! Thanks for sharing this with your kids.

12:24 AM  
Blogger ME said...

mamma-you are cool...thanks for everything

12:24 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Karen don't tell him that - he's already trying to get everyone to abandon the Aimee Mann concert to visit him in Iraq.

:)

I can handle blowing up donkeys, etc.. I just hope there aren't any Nate Nate's lost over there. Karen and I will be traumatized, to say the least.

12:51 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Good grief - not to take anything away from the seriousness of this post. I'm sorry!!

:/

12:58 AM  
Blogger Mommy & Ali said...

As I sat and read this (before I read it to AliAliAli) I felt as though I was there with you all I find myself getting hot and anxious and was crying. I was trying to think how brave I would be and one time in particular came to mind. Oklahoma City has "haunted warehouses" all over the downtown area. I am a big scaredy cat anyway, but they are scary! The last time I went I was on a date and it was super dark and we somehow got separated - I didn't know we got separated so...I was squeezing on to some guy I didn't even know and actually got so scared I pulled out his shirt, ducked down and pulled it over my head- I was that scared - needless to say when we got out we all had a good laugh...anyway back to my point. Would I be a brave soldier like you and "the guys", or would I coward down underneath something and hide till it was over? I can't imagine- even thinking about it makes me cry. The way that you guys go out- get to the location and kick ass without a selfish bone in your body. I know it sounds cheesy, but having you as a blogfriend or whatever has changed my views on a lot of things. I hope that when you all get a little down you remember there are a few of us out here that really do appreciate your sacrifices and commitment to making our country a safer place to live. However, I wish that you could do that here, at home.

P>S> I'm not sure if I should share the gory details with Al or not?

XOXO BE SAFE WE ALL LOVE YOU XOXO

2:21 AM  
Blogger ME said...

Umm-Dont shre the gory details with Ali! That is not good at all.but thnks tho..

6:20 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

wow...

11:20 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

THAT was an AMAZING story. Horrifying, but amazing. I felt really bad for the 19 year old -- and you! You're brave, and I'll say what everyone else has -- thanks for doing what you do and STAY SAFE!!

P.S. Did you get my email?

12:09 AM  
Blogger Haley said...

Sometimes reading your blog first thing in the morning .. isn't the best idea..sorta bummed me out today. But, the truth hurts. Poor 19 year old kid. He is just a kid..and shouldn't be there. But he is. Sad.

Hope you all take care..and if you're with that kid again, take care of him too.

Haley

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home