Thursday, September 29, 2005



Hey Guys....


Let me start off by saying that i am blessed to have a good girl who sits behind a computer here in iraq daily, and she does the majority of my posts daily when i hand them to her via notebook. I needed to clarify this because some ppl in iraq were getting irritated because of the frequent posts that are made. Well to clarify this, i write my word on paper and she types them for me. So all you assholes fuck off! SOrry Nana for saying that, but it pisses me off...


Now to the story of the day....

I over slept! Wow that was a first. Here i am in iraq, and im oversleeping. I was really exhausted, but i felt as if i let my country down by oversleeping. My helo is in for matienece checks, and i got assisigned to do my orignal job.. Combat Control. So as the pic above shows we maintained the aircraft coming in and coming out of this strip. Life was pretty easy today. A couple of mortars fired at us that didnt even come close, and later in the day i took a nap while gunfire was in the backround. It was the best sleep that i have had in a lonnnng time. I havent had the chance to shower in over a week, but im ok. I just hate it that these young guys are here that are 18-22 and they still take life for granted. Just a few hours ago i hear that a female suicide bomber blows herself up and kills a few people. So what does she get? 40 male virgins and a mule? WOW..thats something to look forward to. As i have said before, i dont think i have the stamina to handle 2 women at one time(and i dont like 3 somes) and these fuckers think that they can handle 40 virgins..lol. It is kinda funny, but sick. Today i have also had the opportunity to see a enemy guy try to set off a roadside bomb and get cut in half by the .50 cal. He was actually still alive after ACE cut him down by the .50. He lived for a short time and was in soo much pain(so i am told) that he asked to be shot and put out of his misery. "/ People really need to understand that the end of the world is near and people need to get there shit straight. Over in the USA, they still have racism, sexism and just plain ignorance. I was told today that my friend Charles has a wife who is freakin hot! She is hotter than carmen electra was back in the day, but she has a black husband and she was denied employment because of that. Who the hell cares? What about her qualifications? I was also told that a girl was denied a house because she was a lezbo. :/ Why should we, as regular human beings who commit sins daily and arent perfect, pass judgement on someone because of skin color or religion or because a girl decides to lick Coot instead of have a penis for pleasure. I mean im not saying that the lezbo chick is right, but who has to pay for it on judgement day? It isnt me, so why should i care? If we as people just took a minute to think about our ancestors and what they "possibly did in life" we probably would be flabbergasted. Throughout all the war and terror in the country of iraq, we have people still in the USA stirring up shit. I mean jesus...if it wasnt for alot of people over here, you assholes couldnt stir up shit!

I have also gotten many many many emails on Cindy Sheenan and her issues in the USA! The only comment that i will make is that you never know what happens when you lose a son or a daughter..ill leave it at that.

Sometimes i rant and rave on things that have nothing todo with iraq, but im not trying to win the Military Blog of the YEar award, and i dont even want the media looking at it. These are just a collection of my thoughts that arent scripted or even reviewed. These are my raw thoughts at a moments notice. A lot of times i piss people off! Whether they be military, or some passerby.
I really dont care. I am over here to protect my country, and regardless of the reason...

ahhh im through

7 Comments:

Blogger wegrit said...

Word.

11:02 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I love reading your blog. It's one of the first ones I come to every morning. Thank you for all of your insight into what's really happening over there.

You are SO right about your observations about the ignorance and little-minded fights that are daily occurences here in the states.

I don't care WHO someone sleeps with, who they worship or what they do in their own private life. BUT don't judge me or anyone that I care about because THAT is what I hate most. No one should lose a job or a home because of their own beliefs or who they love.

Every morning you make me think and also appreciate my life so I thank you.

Be safe!!

5:06 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I'm glad you're safe.. and I'm actually glad you overslept - because it means you got some rest. You're not letting your country down by oversleeping - if you get too exhausted you're not going to be as effective and you've already said you have a hard time sleeping. So a little sleep for once is a really good thing, in my opinion.

A lot of people don't realize how precious life is, or how many sacrifices you guys make every day to make sure we are safe here back at home.

Don't worry about Nana - she's heard me drop an F bomb about way less important things.

I look forward to your blog every day, just so I know you're okay.. I'm sure it's hard to be positive with so much horrific stuff going on around you.

You have a lot of prayers from people you've never met - every single night.

As always, be safe.

Holli, Nate Nate & Faith

7:57 PM  
Blogger Mama said...

Wow. They beat me to every single comment...

I'm sorry that your friend's wife didn't get that job...last time I checked, people were people but y'know what, she deserves better than that job anyway if thats the way the boss' think. Same for the other woman.

I think we all feel like you are part of each of our families now. I know I do. And tell the girl that types for you that we really appreciate it b/c every post means one more day that you are safe and closer to coming home! hugs!~m

8:20 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

I was just talking to my friend who is also in the military and I he asked me what my views were on the entire thing. Well before I ran into you and him, I didn't respect it as much as I do now.

WOW, do I ever respect it now. I admire so much how you write your thoughts down and how this wonderful lady types it for you.

People so easily forget what you are all doing there. If it wasn't for you, I would too. I think of you when I am doing very regular things..like brushing my teeth, or laying in my warm bed .. listening to the rain hit the roof. I wonder if you're cold, or if you're shooting your gun..or if you're sleeping in..(hehe)

Again, like everyone said our thoughts are with you. You are apart of my family too. My mom even likes it when I read your blog outloud...it gives her "raw detail" of how the war is..is how she describes it.

Stay safe and sleep tight.

Haley

12:02 AM  
Blogger Haley said...

PS WOW, who takes those pictures. This is a great picture, I just love it.

Haley

12:03 AM  
Blogger Mommy & Ali said...

Thank goodness for your "blog poster" I look forward to hearing about your day...everyday. Screw the jealous guys that don’t blog everyday- don’t they know how important it is- what would all of us in blogland do if we didn’t have each others support. I think I get more support from bloggers than tangible friends sometimes?! When I don't hear from you I get a little uneasy- I'm sure you understand.

Good lord if I felt guilty about over sleeping I'd kill myself (not really). I read in a book that if you’re sleeping you must need it - that is if your sleep is not induced by any chemicals! Ali and I both love to sleep. Since she was a baby I let her stay up late so she sleeps in late. She had to enroll in afternoon kindergarten because she/we can’t make it by 8a.m.! Pitiful I know…

Please continue to stay positive and safe.

P.S. I've heard NaNa actually drop the F bomb herself!!!

Thinking of you-
Stori & Ali

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home