Monday, January 16, 2006

Weekend Comes To A End

Hey guys how are you.I hope your weekend went well. I went a picked the General up from CAPS house and he is home and the cat had to welcome him home with a few whacks about the face. Just to let him know whos boss! So after that, i went to the store picked up some groceries and i had to stop by chik fil a. I am a lean mean fighting machine now, but i think when i get 40 all of this eating is gonna catch up to me. I have a high metabloism and it is just reaking havoc right now. Sometimes i go through these spurts. Well after that i grilled some awesome pork chops and drank a ice cold bud light. Oh... the friend taht was gonna come down didnt come down because of the cat..hahahaha Oh well.

So i have been sitting here getting my clothes ready for tomorrow. I have been invited to a Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Service and i think it will be cool. Dr.King was a awesome guy who stood up for alot and each year it is a learning experience. About 5 years ago i had the opportunity to meet Dr.Kings Family. It was a humbling experience.

Oh this week... i also went to church. That was a...a... well experience. I grew up going to church when i was a kid, but after coming back home and going there and just closing my eyes and praying... I felt better. Ya know out of all of the times that i have been to iraq and abroad, i have yet to cry. Some docs say it is normal and some say it isnt. I guess i just can handle extreme circumstances.

So the general and i are here chilling out drinking beer watching tv typing on the computer andjust having a good time! Well i guess i will get back to you tomorrow..

See ya and thanks for being supportive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

My son has the same type of metabolism....eats and eats and eats and just doesn't gain weight...I vaguely remember those great days! :)

That's neat you are going to the MLK service. Are you actually participating in it? I mean, militarily?

As for church? You have made my heart rejoice. If you find that you really didn't like the church you went to on Sunday, then be sure to visit another until you find one you like.

As for the crying, maybe you don't need to cry. Maybe you have a different way of processing your hurts and losses. Everyone is unique and I am sure your reponses are unique to you.

Sorry, I didn't mean to run on and on... :D
Take care...

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home