Saturday, October 15, 2005

Crazy!!!

Hey guys,

I am still here in iraq, and well now the Sunni Iraqis want to prevent there own people from voting, and if they try to vote then the blow the voters up....sigh! These were the same dummies who screamed, bitched and cried about a change! Anyhow, i was up in the helo today(less the 19 y/o who will face criminal charges for shooting himself in the gut) and Cap decided to play Dora the Explorer..who the hell chose that one? And it sounded like a kids song or something...There were alot of tinky winky words and stuff :/ Anyhow... we circled alot of enemy hot spots and saw very minimul action...then we hit the electricty grids and stations and jackpot! The turned and saw us and one guy decides to raise a RPG at us and i unloaded on everyone there including the newly rebuilt electricty grids and well my actions caused a blackout in some areas. I didnt feel bad because the iraqis are use to the dark..i know that is mean, but hey i hate rpgs. This guy was able to get the rpg off before we were able to cut them down! I know it sounds bad when you say cut them down, but thats what happened. I also almost lost my life today(not that i dont do that everyday) because my mind was on a certain woman & her situation at home with her baby and hell i dont know... i just couldnt stop thinking about it. Well heres what happened. Usually when i load up on the helo, i strap in the helo and that way i can move around and if the pilots make sudden abrupt moves or i have to hoist someone up im strapped in case we make sudden moves. Well i wasnt strapped in, and i had to lean out of the helo and they thought they saw more insurgents and he veered up and out left and there i went. When it happened i knew that i was going over, but luckily my buddy saved my ass and caught me before i was out of arms length. They slowed the flight and they helped to pull me back up to safety. Cap told me that i was tired of riding with them so i decided to find another way home! That was the first time in over six and a half years riding professionally that i have made a costly mistake. Usually i am able to check that stuff and still think about situations back home. I hated it that i wasnt able to know what was going on at home with certain people and there babies. I will say however that dangling from your legs out of a pavehawk helo is not fun at all! Well i gotta get some nasty baked fish(throw up) i hate fish!

See ya later

6 Comments:

Blogger buffi said...

Please avoid falling out of helicopters in the future, please? There are lots of us here praying for you. For all of you, really.

Cap has a sense of humor, doesn't he? Is the Dora song as annoying to a non-parent as it is to those of us who have tolisten to it several times a day??

Be safe. I'll keep sending prayers up!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Mama said...

First of all DON'T DO THAT AGAIN! We are not gonna lose you, you have way too much ahead of you! Whatever the situation in the states you have going around in your head is, you gotta come home alive or what good are you doing? Ok enough of the mama stuff...

Kallee loved hearing that you heard Dora. She was giggling up a storm!

Can u tell us the story of the 19 y/o? Unbelievable.

So glad they pulled u back in! We're all praying...hugs!~m

6:21 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I feel really bad about the 19-year-old kid.. What a desperate place to be in emotionally to take that sort of action.

And not to go all "mommy" on you here.. but this is EXACTLY why we have told you to quit focusing on girls while you are over there.. and worry about YOU. You have got to stay focused on what is going on so you can come home safe and sound. You can't afford to be distracted for even a second.

Good grief - just reading this made me sick to my stomach.

God most certainly is watching over you.. and I guess I do need to repeat yet again - BE SAFE! Worry about you right now.. there will be plenty of time in the future to worry about what's going on in the rest of the world.

I'm just completely blown away by this post. You have got to do whatever it takes to make it home in one piece.

I have FAITH that you are protected by angels.. but you have got to pull it together and worry about yourself right now.

6:53 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Oh Lordy! I can't believe this story, if only for you dangling out of the helo.

I also can't believe the 19 y.o. chose to shoot himself in the gut...that is really sad to me. Poor kid ~ it always breaks my heart when I hear what people do in a desperate situation. I always wonder what I'd do....

Poor you having Dora, Dora, Dora the explor-a in your head. It plays ad nauseum in my brain sometimes....make it stop!!

I'm so glad your friend was able to pull you back in, all kidding aside from your captain. That was too close a call!!

Please be safe!!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I'm so glad you're safe!

And I also want to hear about the 19 y/o -- what happened?

As always BE CAREFUL -- we're thinking about you!

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My GAWD... thank goodness you are OKAY! I would have been savoring that fish, because if I wasn't able to eat it it meant that my luck ran out!

PLEASE stay safe! Oh and I was ROFL at your buddy with a sprained ankle! LOL LOL

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home