Sunday, December 18, 2005

I read Marv's post and i had to write about this too

Ok i read marvs post and i decided to write about this. First off i would like to say that Marv is cool and you guys should check out her blog!

Ok to the story... I went into best buy to buy a laptop for my mom for christmas. I told the best buy guy that i was looking for a laptop around 1800 bucks and i dont want to do rebates or any of that stuff. The last time that i sent a rebate check off from a company it bounced so i dont do rebates..and whats the point anyway? Rebates are a legal way to launder money. Anyhoo, so the guy asks me if im ready to buy today and i say yes if i can find what im looking for. So the guy proceeds to tell me that if i buy a computer then i can get a best buy gift card for free worth 300.00 dollars. I was like is this a rebate or what? He said no, this is just for buying from us and not buying from the other guys. SO i asked him to let me talk to the manager who said the same thing. So i got the computer spent the gift card on x-mas trinkets and left. Well i was in the process of taking the crazy stuff off of a new computer that slows it down and boggs it down and then it kept on powering off. So i got ticked and took the computer back to the store to get a new one. Well when i went in there, i had to talk to the "geek squad" and they looked at the computer and they said that there was nothing wrong with the computer. So i ask the guy what tests did he run? he stated that he used the broken comp to run a test on itself to fix the computer. I was like wth! I told him to run a real test on the comp using a differnt machine..well they wouldnt so i wanted to ask for a refund for the 1800 bucks because of poor service. Then they wanted to charge me for a recyling fee of like 245 bucks because of the product that they the "trained" professionals looked at but didnt test. I got loud after repeated requests of being nice. Then some customer svc mgr came over and made it worse and i asked him who the general mgr was \...he lied and toldh me that he was the main guy there. I called the cust svc center(corporate) and they were no help, and then they said that the gift card was a rebate. thats when i blew a lid and i told them that i explained to the guys that i hate rebates and i was told that the gift card was a gift for not going to the compeitior. They went back on there word then so i left..went back to mckinney then called the cust svc ctr yet againa and nothing happened. So i called the best buy back in louisiana and they agreed that if i would drive back to louisiana and give them the equipment or fedex it to them that they would give me any comp of equal value plus a gift card for the shipping! I will never ever ever shopt at best buy again. Not online or in the store. I wont do it!

Well thats my story..if you guys have stories please share them... SIGH I feel better

1 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

What a mess! I hope you have it all straightened out by now. I hate rebates too!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home