Thursday, September 08, 2005

be careful what you wish for

Hey guys,

This is the first of three posts that i will do. I will do one now, and i must go out on a mission and then i will come back and do the other posts.


Ok,

After coming in from our mission, and finding out that we would be going out within 4 or 5 more hours, i was thrilled with delight. I could have taken a whole mouthful of sand and drank it with ease.. i was just that happy. Anyhoo, I walk in the chow,mess, hog slop, whatever ya wanna call it and i grab some grub and sneak my food away for some alone time. Well i didnt get that.
I walk in on this conversation that was about hurricane Katrina. They have this one army guy(stone) and all the rest are mixed branches guys and girls just hanging out listening to a conversation that is getting heated. So as i move to sit down, they say "Hawk" do you think the people in the hurrican deserved the hurrican because they were poor and black"? I choked on the hog slop at the moment. I was like uhh no. People are people. Then i drag my ass into the conversation, and that was my biggest mistake. So they say stone says that all people who are poor are considered to make less than 150,000 per year and all black people, minorities and independent women should have perished in the storm. I look and stone, and he is sitting over there with this sadistic grin upon his face. I made the comment that racism, stupidity and ignorance is the reason why we are over here and im eating on this dam army food. Then he proceeds to tell me that his sister and his mother both date black guys and he just hates it and he gives me this spill about how it is wrong and all of this. So at this point i am more than just irritated. I tell the guy that everyone is everyone and we all are the same. I told him that he probably gives his parents more courage by trying to put them down. Well Stone makes a comment that If he is wrong that the Lord Almighty will take him from this earth today and fix race relations in the U.S. and he walked out. I shrugged it off and continued to eat slop and i told everyone to leave it be.


Well about 2 hours later after im cleaning my weapon and going over my equipment for the next flight, i have about 6 people rush in on my and they all are looking as if we are under attack! I scream, are we under attack! They reply...not at all. So im like is everyone ok at home! They are like yup as far as we know. So im like well what the fuck made you asses run in here like that! They were like you wont belive it man. Im like what. Just fucking tell me! They said Stone died about 20 minutes ago in small arms fire. I was like WHAT! NO FUCKING WAY. They were like yea hes dead. So i got up, ran to the CO, he directed me to another CO, who did that 5 times and i confirmed that he died on the operating table.

I guess you gotta be careful for what you wish for.
I hate that the guy died, but he was spreading messages of hate and death all around us.
Well see ya guys later

10 Comments:

Blogger Mama said...

OMG.wow. I'm stunned. I don't know what to say...just like I told Kallee the other day, God knows what he's doing...I wish that guy would have had a change of heart. I hope maybe he did...maybe something you said sunk in before he died. Praying that you all are kept safe...

9:14 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

Wow, that is so intense. Good story though, I have to say. Really makes you think..

Who knows what the reasoning for him dieing is.. It's just kind of shocking.

Yes, I like Staples. I like the writing supplies and what not... Yes, I know..it's sad isn't it?..haha

Thoughts are with you,
Haley

3:31 AM  
Blogger Haley said...

I'm on this thing all the time. And no I don't have a notifier.

I'm just a bit of a dork.

Haley

4:26 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Well I guess with his salary requirements, Faith, Nate Nate and I would all be wiped from the face of this earth if he had his way. How sad. How sad that people even think that way.

You be okay.. I wish for YOU to be okay and safe. We'll say a prayer for you tonight.

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Please stay safe there!

8:24 AM  
Blogger wegrit said...

WOW! I had a kind of moment like that today (with less death, but the same general idea.) It must be going around. Hope you're keeping yourself safe over there!

Also, I'm finally getting my financial aid reimbursement this week. I'd like to send you guys a care package and I'm betting I could send you some stuff to distribute. Please drop me a line and let me know how I can go about doing that and what kinds of things you all need.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Bonnie Rose © said...

wow....

that is shocking story. I pray that he had a change of thinking, change of heart. But I guess we'll never know. Its in God's hands.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Mama said...

OH! and I meant to tell you... Shane took the course and got his bike license *before* he told me he was buying the bike...he covered his bases. Just me being a mama!

Hope you are safe and well...

5:52 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

It's a shame that he had to die that way.

It's also a shame that despite millions of people praying and wishing for world peace we can't have that.

Be safe

4:54 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

I DO NOT have a notifier. I Swear. I'm very honest.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home