Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Grandparents Tells me about my marital status

Hey guys... I am here and its morning(i cant get used to the time and humidity change) figured that i would write to you guys and tell you about my story with the grandparents. Well yesterday as i was leaving the hospital(and my family member is improving slowly) my grandparents wanted to talk to me about the war in iraq and about my love life. Oh no, thats a lethal combination. So i listened to my granddad tell me about the war he was in and how he thought it had changed and how they didnt have IEDs and all that. I listened and told him that im sure that he has told me some life saving secret and i thanked him. Then it was on to grandma,granny, grams, whatever we wanna call her. So she starts saying.."baby, i heard that the girl with those big knockers cheated on you. She was pretty, but her baggage upstairs was way too much! Ok, first of all, what kinda convo is this to have with my grandmother...although she meant no harm and it was comical. So i explain to her that yes i know that she cheated, and that i didnt think her baggage(breasts) was too much, and that i wouldnt be giving her the time of day ever again. Then my grandma replies...honey with all those breasts she could share some with the less fortunate and still smother you at night. You need to leave her alone. (she says this without cracking a smile) I am like ok grandma i understand. So then she is like, your birthday is this weekend, and you should be with your girlfriend, but you dont have one, and you should be thinking about settling down. Then she goes into the whole spill about when she met my grandfather he thought he was hot shit and all this crap..lol. So then my grandma tries to tell me what kinda woman i need..lol. She says baby you need a women with average baggage(here we go again), a good head on her shoulders, honest, loving, and someone who is willing to deal with you fighting saddam hussein. She then says this girl also needs to know how to cook, and she needs to feel the warmth and love that you have for people and for the humankind. I was like thanks grandma. I am trying but i dont have much time here and i am just being with family and im happy to be home. Then she says..you only live once hunny...go out there and look for a friend and see what happens after thaat. I told her that i would if i had time, and she said that it was imperative that i do this, because she wanted grandkids to spoil! Ok as a future parent, i think spoiling the kids would suck! I told her that i would work on it, and she said that it wasnt good enough! LOL she just doesnt quit. So then she says I look at your blog thinga muh jig everyday and not ONCE have you put anything up about a woman! I was like grandma it was a blog about iraq, not love and trying to hook up with someone..she was like well you need to mention that you are single and pass the word around to people who visit your blog! At this point i am trying my hardest not to laugh, and i just tell her ok. So i decide then to tell her i was gonna go to bed, went to te room that i am staying in and laughed my ass off! I love my family, and i know they want the best for me, but sometimes they wont give up..lol

So Grandma I posted it on my blog that im single..lol

see ya laters guys

10 Comments:

Blogger Haley said...

Wow, your grandma is crafty. She DID get you to post that you're single on your blog, you have to admit; she's good...or very persistant. Yeah, the whole latte' thing, I can't believe that interested someone enought to comment but thanks, I love comments. Penpals, I am great with that kind of stuff. Cheating..too much "baggage" chicks suck.. I plan to read more of your previous posts another night. I have to be up early in the morning..so I hope you and your spunky grandma have a good day.

Haley.

10:25 AM  
Blogger ME said...

Grandma is crafty is guess..well i will check your blog out later..lol i almost typed baggage.hehe

6:29 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Grandparents say the darndest things! We'll prolly be that way too! Haha!

8:53 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

LOL - I'm just now catching up on your blog (backwards) and I think it's funny that Grandma tried to inject her wisdom into your posts the way my mom tries to censor what I write.

:)

9:41 PM  
Blogger Gillian Young said...

Just curious, do you actually laugh out loud every time you type lol?

12:27 AM  
Blogger ME said...

YEah Haley. Grandma is cool..but i would hate to infrige on my future kids lives like that..eeek

12:31 AM  
Blogger ME said...

Gillian- Yea i do. While in iraq, laughter is often clouded with death and destruction, so i try to laugh as much as possible.

12:32 AM  
Blogger wegrit said...

Between your grandmother and mine, we'd be married in two weeks if we ever met!

1:21 AM  
Blogger ME said...

well werit.. the thing about grandparents is that they want you to get married and have all of these babies, but who really gets to take care of them hmmmmm?

7:08 PM  
Blogger wegrit said...

It's true. They just want to take them for the weekend, spoil them senseless and send them back to you all hopped up on sugar!

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home