Monday, August 15, 2005

Riding with the Enemy

Hey guys..Thanks for taking the time out to listen to what I have to say or listen at how I vent this early afternoon in this hellhole of a heaven. What I mean by this is that it is a pure hellhole that we are all in, but were are making a heaven(place to life and be free) for others. It is nowhere near the United States Of America or the Great Britain or any of the other free countries amused, but it is a pure scene of wreckage, carnage and hell. Before I go on and talk about what I wanted to talk about, lets talk about blessings... Now I don't give a rats ass if you who are reading this is religious or not, but this is considered a blessing. Me and this guy named Skee volunteered to take some guys shift for guard duty(marines) so that they could have or try to have a day of R&R and give them a change of the scenery. Well we road to a undisclosed Loc(location) in a Bradley with some pretty cool marines and made it to the guard site about 45 mins thereafter. We had been previously briefed by a female officer(which I wont name for reasons you know) that there wee snipers in the area and that there were possibly "young" kids being recruited by insurgents to kill US Forces and the IA(Iraqi Army). So with that running through my mind, and a the fact that my 25th birthday is less than 2 weeks ago Skeee and I begin to talk. He begins to tell me how he hasn't found the right woman yet, and when he does, he will stop cheating and having multiple sex partners. Well I am completed opposed to cheating on a woman, but that is another subject. We then quickly change subjects because I tore him a nice asshole worse than a 100lb lady giving birth to a 9 lb baby natural without any meds. We began to talk about this lady Cindy Sheenan or whatever her name is. Skee thinks that she deserves to be heard, but not by the president. Skee thinks that if she gets within ten feet of the President, that she is gonna knock the shit out of him and that's all that she wants. I begged to differ, and I told him that her move was political and it was also in her sons memory. We started to argue on and laugh and talk when we were about 10 feet from the guard post. There are two young marines there, stocky and well built, but not really concerned about there surroundings, they were just concerned about "looking coolin Iraq". As we walked up they got looked at us as if we were shit and said hey its the fly boys coming to take out the trash! Well without further incident, I said you have been relieved try not to let your attitude get you killed on the way out. Well I know that this was a harsh thing to say, but these kids who come in here at 18 or 19 years old think that they are invisible, and they aren't. We have young kids going home in body bags as well as old ones, and I think that people should just play it smart when you are over here. So we assume the post and listen to the Iraqi army guys come to us like we are fresh meat and start to beg for everything except our underwear. We had been warned about this, but you have to experience some guy saying Mr. Can I have your left testicle, I know mines works but hey can I just have it". I am not saying that literally, but I hope you guys know what I mean. So we are assuming the posts and guarding it quite well with the asssitance of the newly transformed IA and I think things are going quite well. We would occasionally here the sounds of small arms fire or the thud of a IED going off in the distance but nothing posed a threat to us. Hours and hours and hours it seemed like passed by with not one bit of excitement. Well within a moments notice, we have this Iraqi kid come up to us barefoot, dirty, hungry and looking very dehydrated. Well Skee gets on the radio and informs the Sgt.waverly of what's going on. He tells us to hold and we begin to assess the kid. An Iraqi policeman comes over and kinda translates for us and tells us that the kid states that his family all joined the insurgent and they are all dead. So here I am, stuck in Iraq wanting to help this kid who is loyal to the insurgency. Will I teach him to love us, or make him stronger to kill me or one of my fellow comrades. What a choice to make. The call comes in from the Sgt to check the kid and he walks on in as if he has won the Powerball in the States or something. I have yet to hear the condition of the kid, but I always wonder every waking moment of my life if I just saved our ass or put one of us in a coffin. Shit, I can deal with unloading a .50 cal from a pavehawk into some insurgents asshole from up above, but I have mixed feelings about this shit here. I know the correct thing to do was save alife, but do I save a life by helping someone take another? I don't know. I am sleepy tired and exhausted, plus I get a email from my gf of 3 mos telling me that she has some news for me...Oh joy! Well I will write later... Just if you are anywhere else other than Iraq, be blessed that you don't have to do things and make choices like this. Life your life to the fullest...Make something out of yourself. Life is short and you never know what may come within your past!! See ya later rest of the world

1 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

Good grief - what a nightmare. What kills you doesn't make you stronger - or maybe it kills you and a bunch of other people. That sucks. Be okay.

Maybe just tear up the letter from the g/f if it's crappy.. sigh.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home