Thursday, August 18, 2005

Oh how RPG make me such an angry person

Hello guys...

I thought that I wouldn't get a chance to post today, but I did and here I am at 615am blogging before I go on yet another mission. The title of this post really really really pisses me off, and im gonna tell you why. For people that don't know a RPG is a rocket propelled grenade.. It is usually launched from the shoulder of someone at has pretty good range on it. It is capable of taking down or incapacitating an aircraft almost instantly. I think that the cowards who use this type of weapon deserve a serious ass kicking USA style.

So here's how the story goes...

I finally get to take a shower(its icebox cold but hey its not sewer water) and IM freezing but relieved... I decide to be a hog and stay in there a little longer than I should have and it made quite a few people really mad, but oh well. As IM getting out of the shower and asking for more sun to warm up, a guy we call smooth runs past me and says saddle up! A car bomb has just went off and the civilian casualties are high and we have some in service casualties... So this is where the adrealine rushes... I grab a MRE from a unknown army guy, tell him IM catch him later and run to the pavehawk I have named myrtle. Don't ask why I call her myrtle, you just gotta see her. I will check with spec ops to see if that's ok..Anyhow I hop in with the crew chief and 2 pararescue troopers(pjs) and the blades start turning... We fly up and head for Baghdad. Otw the way there I say a prayer and get behind my .50 and sit and wait diligently. Well we rode without incident until we made it to the scene. Looking from above there was carnage and wreckage everywhere. Civilians were laid out all over, and some survivors were prolly wishing that they were dead and we had Iraqis and marines trying to help all that they could. So we circled the scene and radioed down to the Humvee on the ground and asked if there were any US personnel injured and they responded that there weren't so we decided to provide protection for our guys on the ground and we circled somemore. Well as we were making our rounds, we see 4 guys get out of a white truck and circle the truck? Well to some, this may not seem odd, but it is. Of course there are a lot of old white trucks in Iraq, but people don't circle the vehicles like that unless they are in trouble. Well I told the pilot to be vigil and watch out for these ass holes and I got ready to let them feel the power of the .50. Well loe and behold, these asshole pull out two RPG with us idling in the air and prepare to launch them as if we don't see them! I scream RPG! RPG! Our pilot goes into 50th gear then and the pavehawk comes alive. I scream RPG, 6 o'clock! I turn the .50 cal and unload on these bad guys! At this time, the pilot wants out of the area, and I continue to unload. Well to our avail, there was a a-10 in the area as well... The pilot made the call to her and she was there in no time...She flys faster than us, but she is awesome. She does a fly by and lets off a few rounds and radios back and says looks like you guys eliminated the threat. We circle back around and the truck is demolished and four guys are laying down with no sign of life. We call down to the Humm's and they make there way to the loc to secure the situation and confirm that some were lifeless and one was in critical condition and didn't expectto make it. Well we fly back into the inner part of bdad and continue to give support until the situation was under control and we could leave. That lasted about 19 mins and we finally departed for the hell hole we call home and I was still fuming. I fucking hate RPGs, and I guess I showed that during that run that I hated RPG. This war is crazy, but RPG make me crazy..

In general I love what I do, and I love having my hand in the cookie jar in an effort t keep us safe! Well I gotta go to a briefing and fly out after matience checks so until next time be good!

Oh and to all of you people that read my blog, my birthday is on the 27th of this month hint hint..lol jus kiddin

Well this will bea bday I wont forget....stuck in iraq


See ya

3 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

That was such a scary post.. very descriptive and well written - but freaking scary.

So if your b-day is on the 27th, how is one to get something to you?

Glad you checked in.

10:59 PM  
Blogger C. Jane Kendrick said...

hey...cool post. i read your post about unfaithful relationships. i am sorry. if you build your relationship on love and trust and selflesness, you are bound to win.
besides, you want a wife who is proud of you and will give herslef to no one but you, and you her.
Respect is the most important virute in any relationship. If you want to find someone like that you must be that way too.
Can we(my family) send you something in Iraq for your b-day?

5:34 PM  
Blogger C. Jane Kendrick said...

will you let us know?

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home