Thursday, May 04, 2006

Funeral

Well i had the pleasure and the sadness of going to a funeral today. Another kid under 25 dies in Iraq. I worked with the Kid once or twice. He...just like many more people start to make a family..make babies..and live life. These people that have come into the military(the last 20,000) came in the military with the assumption that America was the biggest and baddest fucking country on earth and no one would ever touch us.. not with a 100 foot pole. Well I tell ya what..they were wrong. They are paying for it, and we are kicking ass but the enemy is handing us a fight. A fight that we may be ready for, and a fight that we may not be ready for mentally. Sigh... Sometimes i get off track, but i went to a funeral today. Another kid under 25 with a new wife...a unborn baby and now a dead husband. So i am at this funeral because he was there... it could have been me.. and well its just the right thing to do. On the way there, this group of people(protestors to be nice) that held up signs and literature saying that they were happy that a solider died in Iraq and it was gods will. Well first i am angered..then im like why? how? Why lock up Zacarias Moussai and let these fools run free. To interrupt a funeral of someone who has given you the freedom to speak, write, and protest what you feel. A group has the balls and the gumption to disrespect his family should be dealt with. It just urkes me. I pictured myself i nthat casket with people less than 100 yards away from my body saying i deserved to die, but hating terrorists while promoting terrorism.. hmmmm

Its jsut crazy...
Also i have gotten numerous emails about letting anon users comment on my blog because people dont want to sign in.. well I will try it again and we will see what happens..nite

2 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Hawk, I'm so sorry. For the loss of this young man, for the loss of compassion by the "group", for the loss of a husband, father and son.
Thank you for attending his funeral. I'm sure it meant a lot to his wife to see people there who do support what her husband stood for.
Thank you again for your service each and every day. God Bless.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Haley said...

My buddy is stationed in kandahar. Canadian fella.. He's a good guy. Hope he's doing alright. I only talk to him every other week. Makes me think of him.

haley

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home