Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Roughin It

hey guys,

All i can say is WOW! The overwhelming emails and stuff was just WOW! You guys care alot and i should pay more attention to you guys via the blog. I must say.. i love you guys like family. Thank you more than i can ever say...

Now on to me and what i have been doing... Well i have been moving to another base. I was initially supposed to be going to the Ga area, but i took a assignment in the midwest. It was a move that i made in error, but im gonna take it. It isnt gonna be that long, so i guess ill brave it out.

I also have been visiting with my grandma.. she is gonna have knee replacements this friday. Wow i can remember when she was taking care of me...now im taking care of her. Life is just precious i guess... i ca remember fishing with her, and getting on her nerves and all the love. Now the love is getting returned and she deserves it. I remember christmas...new years... birthdays. I get sad when i think that one day she wont be there. She will be up in heavan...she will be gone. I cant see life without granny. She is the one who can say any and everything and its alright. She is almost 80 years old. Thats a long time.. she has been through a host of presidents, the civil rights area...many wars...equal rights for women and now here we are in 2006 and shes kickin like shes 20. I get teary eyed just watching her cook and clean and just be a granny. I sat with her the other day for about 2 hours and i just listened. I need to buy a tape recorder... This new generation of kids.. i dunno what they have, but its differnt. Grannies are like 30 years old now.. What do they know.? I dunno thats a whole nother blog...

You guys are great and i think you should know it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Glad to see you posting again. My mother, who lives with us, is 89. She will be 90 in August. They have lived through a lot, haven't they? The stories are great!

10:19 AM  
Blogger wegrit said...

Glad you're back! I've missed you.

Hope the midwest works out better for you than it did for me. It was a miserable year for me in the midwest.

I love that you have so much of an appreciation for your grandmother. The older I get (and I suppose the older *they* get) the more I appreciate my grandparents, parents and random people I meet on the street who have had these amazing life experiences that I can't grasp yet.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Whistler71 said...

Glad to hear you are ok! My grandparents meant the entire world to me, and now, as of last summer, they are gone. A tape recorder is a wonderful idea, wish I would have thought of that! You said midwest, would this be close to NM?

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home