Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Work..and the joy of it

Well today was just another day in the life of an airman i guess. I woke up at 5ish put my uniform on, ate a bowl of captain crunch, fed the dog, fed the cat, and headed in. We got there and theres the new guy. Now let me tell ya about the new guy. This dummy is straight out of the academy(military) and he has only been in the military for about 6 months. Now here is the thing. I went into the military years ago, and some others close to me were in wayyyy before that, and this kid who is 21 damn years old tries to come in and brandish his bars and im supposed to be scared! HA! Heres where the i dont like assholes attitude comes in! I'll give ya just a bit of our convo.

Lt: Good morning everyone
US: Morning Sir'
LT: Well we really are gonna have to make some changes around here...
Me: Whats wrong sir?
LT: Well when an officer comes into the room with 8 enlisted men and 2 enlisted women, and an officer is greeted like i just was, there is room for change.
Me: Did someone say something wrong Sir?
Lt: Boy everything was wrong with you and this crew. You all are supposed to be the cream of the crop of the Air Force and and you all look like you outta be in the Merchant Marines!
TIMEOUT! BOY! WOW! That struck a nerve
Me: With all due respect Sir, we are a tight knit group. We have been a tight knit group for awhile sir and im sorry if we acted out of turn.
Lt: Thats what comes with being told that youre the cream of the crop. They didnt teach us about this in the academy.
Me: *stands up*
Msgt: Lt.! I suggest you get that academy wire out of your ass before you have one of these men or women jump on your ass and im gonna turn my head! These guys are your lifeline if you havent noticied. I think you need to understand where you are. SO before you open your mouth to anyone of us in a disrestful way, i suggest you go to war, shoot at something living and not take a bath for a week is that understood!
Lt: I beg your pardon, im the Officer here.
Msgt: Im the MSgt who has been in 30 years. Youre walking a thin line young man and youre in way over your head. I sugesst you think about that. Also son, when you go to the Maj. and the Capt. and tell them about me, you will see how much weight the academy has given you. At this stage of the game, you are a replacement. A mere body who is a supervisor who needs the workers to teach him how the game is played. LEarn something Lt.
US: WOW!

Needless to say this guy tried to go up the Chain and report the Master Sgt. and he got his ass reamed big time by the real big wigs. Dumb damn kid... Hes the kinda motherfucker who will get me and someone i care alot about coming home in a flag draped casket. When will they learn.

In other news, the dog got into my Mac and cheese that was left over from last nite and apparently dogs like mac and cheese! IS it healthy for them? HMMM..

Well its off to workout... See ya

2 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

You're questioning whether the mac 'n cheese is healthy for the dog? Man, you need to question if it's healthy for YOU! ;D Lol!

8:58 AM  
Blogger wegrit said...

Oh, how I hate people like that. You're probably far, far more valuable to the Air Force in the few years you've been than this guy will ever be.

Sorry I missed your call. I promise I'll call soon (though it'll likely be once the semester is over and things with school/work have calmed down a smeedge.)

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home