Monday, October 31, 2005

Skydiving

Hey guys...

I went Skydiving today. I was bored and some guys wanted to know if wanted to go. I said sure. I have my jump wings with the USAF so idecided to have some fun. We jumped from 15k feet and went out to outback steakhouse. Yes in that Order. I am here in the good ole USA and well im here and i love it and all, but its like part of me misses protecting freedom in a way. I spoke with the crew today and they said the same thing. We are a military inside a military and i guess that just how it will be. Thats just the way it is. Overall i am happy to be home. Food, Fun, People...and hopefully a official girlfriend one day. Dayum just two weeks ago i was flying in the helo with AliAliAli's picture taped up there laminated to prevent the sand grains from runining it, and today im here at barksdale air force base. I guess i made it out better than most. That was my second tour in Iraq, and my third visit to Afghanistan. I have been in every major conflict known to civilians and some that werent know to civilians. Life can be cruel. People can be harsh. I look at my buddy CAP who is going through rough times now. He has two beautiful babies who love there daddy and he has custody of them now, but there was another kid that wasnt his that he was forced to leave with there mother. Now im not a judgemental person, and hell people make mistakes and act selfish and foolish at times but kids and the elderly need us. They need the people who can do for them. I guess it just sucks to be in position to leave someone. CAP told me today that he feels like he left a airmen behind for the enemy to capture, torture and kill when he had to leave his stepdaughter. Hell while we over there we had our own problems, but back home there are many problems as well. I guess we never thought about it like that. When i think about it, life is like a skydive. In life we must make choices and rely on faith and ourselves to make sure that things come to a positive end, but...Faith is a big one. Hell i was shot with a Flak Jacket on in iraq, stabbed, hit by a bus, dropped in the wrong spot courtesy of the dumb ass officer from westpoint, and shot at on random. I mean i was at apoint where i couldnt go to sleep unless there was gunfire and choas around me. That was the most peaceful sleep. Hell i went out today and i was at the airstrip checking over my chute and everything for the flight when there was a loud bang! It was like POW POW..hell before i knew it i had dove for cover and the whole room of about 30 people were looking at me like WTF is his deal..lol I must admit it was funny, but i guess that iraqnaphobia. The fear of coming home in a body bag. I cant even watch the news. I look at these little snipets of the roads, streets, people that i used to see in iraq with a backround of carnage, violence and pure hell. Why cant we have a form of media that just speaks the truth. One that isnt worried about the awards or anything like that. One that just tells it how it is. Hell Foxnews(www.foxnews.com) aka Al Jazeera are like one in the same. Both tell lies. How many times have they told stories about the schools that were built, the jobs created for women, the houses built for the homeless. Ya know the good stuff. Why must people make money off of death. Death isnt wonderful for anyone regardless of who it is. I look at Rosa Parks. She died and the nation has lost an icon. Back in those days she had to have more than big balls to do what she did. Here in 2005 soon to be 2006 we have so much corruption, so many people fucking up and so many people just doing the wrong thing for the "right" reason. Ya know we only live once! One time. You either can make the best out of it or you can skydive without a parachute. I correspond with some of you that have a generally good life and you have alot too be thankful for, but there are some people who just complain. Complain just to complain. You complain because youre broke and cant go out and buy Kenny Cole Watches or Dooney& Burke purses or whatever you like, and you think that the world has just gone to shit in a handbasket, but when you think about it you actually have it made. You have a family, and if you dont have that you have a baby who adores you and hell you are healthhy for the most part and you have a job...even though you may hate it, someone out there wants your POS job that doesnt pay enough, or you have this car, but who cares that it isnt a 2006 Mercedes Benz 500 series? Hell i am in the USAF and i drive a POS Kia and im happy. i think people take so many things for granted and they dont figure that they can lose them. But im living proof tHat you can. If you arent careful, you can lose them. You can lose it all. That why you have to be thankful for everything that you have in life. Life is full of chances and opportunities and we must all take them.... Everyday is a Skydiving expedition..So the next time you skydive will it be with a parachute or without one?

5 Comments:

Blogger Mama said...

Britt is sooo jealous you went skydiving. I can just imagine the look on those people's faces when you dove for cover LOL!

It is very true about not taking things for granted and dealing with what you have and being thankful etc. You just can't know how close to home that hits...I think all of us are fighting our own "wars". ANd it ain't pretty but we have to keep going, don't we?

5:09 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I can't jump out of a plane but I admire those that can. It seems like the ultimate rush.

Your right about all that ~ we get 1 chance here and it's SO very short. Why ruin it by being negative, a joy vaccuum and thinking of life as a cup 1/2 full? It's sad really. Complaining about all that you can't/don't have when there's so much good surrounding you.

I'm delirious and off to bed.

7:12 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I guess I would choose without a parachute, because I'm not jumping out of any planes.

I don't like D&B.. so for once I know a post wasn't directed at me! Oh wait - you do know I buy Kenneth Cole because they use leather from humane slaughterhouses.. so screw you.

I would prefer to be in a conflict where I could shoot the enemy at times. That, I know.

I'm too tired from being up with Faith all night to wax philosophical on your blog. I'm still waiting on an apology for the rude spider video link.

:)

6:52 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

That was an awesome post. I know I keep saying it, but while I really enjoyed reading your posts from Iraq, I like reading the ones from home even more because I know you're safe and that's important.

7:47 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

You know I'm just joking.. It's just someone called and woke me up early on my one day to sleep in. eh hem.

AliAliAli just said she would maybe go skydiving with you. So there you go.. you got one partner.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home